Thursday 26 September 2013


Ok we are leaving you with one more tonight Cathi has stopped by twice and we will not complain. 
We leave you with a breath taking canvas 



I have another project to share, this one uses the most amazing branch and hanging bird cage chippie!! This is a large chipboard piece about 28x28 cm, too large for a layout I thought, so I really wanted to do a canvas with it!!

I started the canvas by spraying several Lindy's Stamp Gang mists over the canvas. I then started layering stamping. I used several of my background stamps from Visible Image and their lovely Imagine, Dream, Inspire stamp set.
 I treated the chipboard with gesso first then brown mist and crackle stamping for a tree bark look. I misted the lovebirds in the bird cage in blue, adding a script stamp in copper over top.
 For a finishing touch, I stamped butterflies onto acetate with Stazon Ink and added that to the canvas. I added some misted lace and covered it in gesso.
I really had a lot of fun building up this canvas. The chipboard piece was an amazing focal point to us and it is one of my favorite pieces I have ever worked with. Thanks so much for looking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment