Wednesday 17 July 2013

We have two shares today form our lovely chippie ladies on our Design Team first is Joanne,
this is what Joanne shared with us:
 
ONE DOOR CLOSES ANOTHER ONE OPENS
A couple of years ago,  via a class I was taking at www.bigpictureclasses.com , I came across a blog by one of their tutors – Jennifer Mohler.  At this time Jennifer was starting a project called “100 Life Changing Moments” and her idea for this project inspired me to start an album about myself, recording those moments in my own life in the hope that one day my kids will have an  insight into what my life was all about before they came along. 
In my early 20s I was transferred interstate with my job – obviously this qualified as one of those moments that changed the course of my life.  This layout tells the story of that time and the old quote used regularly in my home when I was young –“ One Door closes another one opens”.
Molossi’s  fabulous range of hardware related chipboard including doors, locks and keys were the perfect way to highlight the idea of this layout.  Whilst the photos all suggested a party, I wanted the embellishments to help show it was so much more than the photographs portrayed.  I also wanted to include a lot of journaling on the layout – something most of the pages in this album have as they all have quite a story – but with so many photos I didn’t have loads of room. 
To kickstart, I coloured the doors using Tim Holtz distress markers for the majority of the door and Sakura Gelly Roll pen for the detail work.  On the larger door I also added a brad to the door handle to give it even more dimension and really make the door handle stand out.
I decided that the beautiful signpost from Molossi would be a great place to put the title for the layout and still keep with the theme so I also used the same materials to colour the signpost- adding the title in small punched letters from brown cardstock.  The addition of a small flower from “Scrap of Difference” and some Dimensional Magic over the “metal” look parts to give a shine and the signpost was complete. 




In order to hide the journaling but still have plenty of room I wanted the largest door on page 2 of my layout to open and have the journaling hidden beneath it.  To achieve this I added 3 hinges to the inside of the door – as brads would have shown through on the front of the chipboard door, I have simply glued the top hinge but secured the bottom with brads.  The journaling secured inside the door – both adhered to the back of the door and underneath the opened door,  covers  the majority of the actual hinge but still allows the door to be opened and closed to read the journaling.




As additional embellishments for my page I added some locks and keys from Molossi.  These have been coloured using a Sakura Gelly Roll pen in Copper and securing together with some coloured twine.  Leaving the ends of this twine long and creating a few loops gives a bit of added interest and movement to the page.
Now it was simply a matter of selecting some co-ordinating patterned papers and cardstock, a few decorative edges to these with a Martha Stewart border punch, a die cut clock from Tim Holtz and adhering down the photos and the job was all done.





Thanks for stopping by and having a look – I hope you have a play with this range of chipboard and drop back and show us what you did with it J



Be sure to view  more of Jo' work at
 http://www.josscrapofdifference.blogspot.com.au/
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment